ARCA is actively engaged in the legislative process. We review bills through our Legislative Committee to look at how they affect the developmental disabilities service system. Depending on various factors, ARCA will support, oppose, comment on, or track such bills. We also provide written and public testimony, including on Budget issues.
We also summarize our system’s Budget “trailer bill.” This type of bill deals with all the changes to state law needed to legally implement policies proposed in the Budget. Unless otherwise specified, its various sections go into effect on July 1st. These bills usually are passed immediately after the Budget, “trailing” behind it.
Our trailer bill summaries are available to the public (click the tab below). The full list of bills we are currently tracking is broken into three sections, and is beneath the Trailer Bill tab.
- SB 188 (Committee on Budget) – The 2022-23 Trailer Bill
- AB 172 (Committee on Budget) – The second 2021-22 Trailer Bill
- AB 136 (Committee on Budget) – The 2021-22 Trailer Bill
- AB 79 (Committee on Budget) – The 2020-21 Trailer Bill
- SB 81 (Committee on Budget) – The 2019-20 Trailer Bill
- SB 853 (Committee on Budget) – The 2018-19 Trailer Bill
- AB 107 (Committee on Budget) – The 2017-18 Trailer Bill
- ABX2 1 (Thurmond) – Special Session funding bill
- AB 1606 (Committee on Budget) – The 2016-17 Trailer Bill
Bills ARCA tracks